Do you often find yourself struggling to form thoughts, remember information, and stay alert? Has this been going on for more than a few weeks? These are the likely symptoms of what doctors call chronic brain fog. Luckily, there are some simple solutions that will help you clear brain fog away and once again become a focused, alert, and motivated person in both your professional and personal life.
- Change your eating habits. Consuming lots of sugar, carbs, and caffeine are the primary cause of brain fog in many adults today. Make sure you to keep your diet in check and drink enough water throughout the day. Dehydration can cause the brain to not have enough fluids and thus affect the firing rate of neurons. So be sure to keep your neurons firing by drinking more than eight glasses of water every day. Try to avoid sugar and carbohydrates when you approach your afternoon slump and grab for some vegetables and fruits instead. Nuts and dark chocolate are excellent snack options to reduce brain fog.
- Exercise regularly. Most of our health problems can be easier resolved with some regular exercise. When we are more active, we utilize energy and improve our body’s hormones levels. Exercise is also a great way to keep your mood regulated and improve health as well. You should see results in just a few weeks and will see that your memory has drastically improved and you’re more focused and energetic as well.
- Get a good night’s rest. Since lack of sleep causes chronic brain fog, it’s of vital importance that you get enough sleep at night. It’s not enough to just lie down in bed – it’s very important that you get some deep, REM sleep where you actually dream. Aim for 7-8 hours a night and give yourself a strict bedtime routine that requires no screen time at least one hour before falling asleep.
- Reduce stress and get more sun. Stress and anxiety are major causes of chronic brain fog. In order to get rid of your foggy brain, you must avoid stressful situations and extra anxiety. Take some time off to relax with a yoga or meditation class, or even just some deep breathing exercises throughout the day. It can make all the difference in your fast recovery. Vitamin D also works wonders so be sure to get your daily dose of it by going outdoors and spending some time under the sun.
- Use supplements. If you have never heard of nootropics, all you need to know is that they are substances that improve brain function by enhancing and boosting cognitive function in your brain. Nootropics can be used effectively to treat a chronic brain fog and go a long way in enhancing memory, mood, and focus.
As you can see, these are five very simple solutions that you can incorporate into your daily routine. We hope now that you know more about brain fog and how to treat it you can take the future of health into your own hands and take the next step to recovering from a foggy brain today.